Finding Your Best Eyebrow Shape
You see them all of the time, beautiful brows on the faces of women that just seem to make their beauty stand out. Just look at actress Brooke Shields! So now you’re wondering how can you get eyebrows like Brooke Shields or your favorite actress, right? Well, it’s not quite that simple.
If you want perfect eyebrows, you have to actually look at your own facial features to find the best shape that works for you. While that may mean giving up hope of ever having your favorite celebrity’s eyebrows (unless you have the exact facial shape as theirs), it doesn’t mean you can’t stand out just as well as they do.
Your first step to beautiful brows is knowing what facial shape you have. To find this, pull your hair back with a headband and examine a freshly washed face using the guide below to find your shape.
- For an oval shaped face, your forehead should be wider than the chin area. You should also have large cheekbones and your face should taper to a oval shaped chin.
- A round face will posses both width and length of equal proportions and your face will be its’ widest at the cheeks.
- For a square shaped face, your forehead, cheeks and jawline will both be equal in width and the jawline will be squared.
- If you have a long shaped face, your jawline and cheekbones will be of the same width and your chin may have a prominent shape.
- If you have a heart shaped face, you will find that it is very similar to an oval shape, but it tapers to a point at the chin.
- A diamond shaped face is rare, but not uncommon. Your face will be highly angular with a shorter forehead and wide temples.
Now that you’ve determined what face shape you do have, your next step is to find the eyebrow that works best with your shape.
- If you’ve discovered that you face is oval shaped like actress Jennifer Aniston, we’ve got great news! Oval face shapes can get away with just about any brow shape they choose. So if your favorite celebrity has an eyebrow shape that you love, then go for it!
- If you have a round face shape like actress Cameron Diaz, choose a high arched eyebrow shape to draw attention away from the width of your face. The center of the arch should move out towards the end of the brow while the end should be short.
- If you happen to have a square shaped face like actress Brooke Shields, you will want to stick with a brow shape that balances out your jawline. To accomplish this, make sure that the arch of your brow is directly above the square of the jaw.
- If you have a long face shape similar to that of actress Jennifer Love Hewitt’s, a brow that is flat will draw attention away from the length of your face and add a bit of width to it instead.
- If you’ve discovered that you have a heart shaped face like actress Julia Roberts, you will want to add some roundness to the shape of your brow. You can do this by adding curves throughout the brow to help soften the face.
- If you’re a rare diamond shape like actress Katharine Hepburn, you will want to choose a round shaped brow to soften your angular face or keep emphasis on the center arch of the brow to draw away from the width of your face.
Keep the above in mind and you’ll be well on your way to beautiful brows in no time at all!