Skin Allergy During Pregnancy
Skin allergy during pregnancy is attributed mainly to the hormonal imbalances, effects of medications and variation in internal organs’ health conditions. Since the immunity level is relatively low during this time, the probability of allergies getting converted to infections and diseases are more.
Hence you need to take preventive care to protect yourself from allergies and related infections. Once your pregnancy is confirmed you need to consult your gynecologist and take advice on skin care.
You can read about some of the most commonly occurring skin allergies during pregnancy, their probable causes, symptoms and probable cure. If you have sensitive skin or your skin is allergic to any of the natural ingredients listed here, you need to consult your doctor before proceeding with the homemade recipes.
Skin Allergy To Sun UV Radiation
Photosensitivity is a condition of skin which makes it sensitive to direct sunlight and its UV radiation. It can cause rashes, itching, red spots, bumps and swelling at the skin areas which get exposed to sunlight.
This allergic reaction become acute during pregnancy as the skin becomes extra sensitive due to hormone variations. The allergic reactions can also be due to the immunity system which senses UV radiation similar to a viral attack. It starts reacting by releasing auto antibodies due to a process called myositis. This is when the rashes and other symptoms start appearing on your skin.
This type of allergy will go away after the pregnancy period. You need to wear protective clothing and apply sunscreen to the skin areas which get exposed to sunlight. Avoid direct skin exposure between 10 in the morning and 5 in the evening.
If the intensity of allergy is still beyond tolerance you can try the following homemade recipe and check if it works for your skin.
- Take two teaspoons of honey, one teaspoon of Olive oil, One teaspoon of Aloe Vera liquid and one teaspoon of glycerin. Mix them in a bowl and apply on your skin areas affected by allergy. You need to let the ingredients get absorbed by your skin for about 15 minutes. Then you can wash your skin with warm water.
- Drink plenty of water and fruit juices (water melon in specific) to cool your skin. Gooseberry Juice with one teaspoon of lemon syrup can also help alleviate the symptoms to considerable extent.
- Applying a paste of honey and glycerin in the early morning hours 15 minutes before taking a cool shower can help increasing the moisture levels of your skin.
Treating Skin Allergy To Drugs
Your skin may become allergic to drugs like Aspirin, Penicillin, Brompheniramine, Ibuprofen, Naproxen and some of the prescribed medicines for pregnancy period.
Gynecologists say that prescribed medicine consumption should not be abruptly stopped unless it is recommended by them and alternate medicines are suggested. Hence it becomes mandatory for you to consult your doctor immediately when you experience any sort of allergic skin reactions due to specific medicine(s) during pregnancy.
- Many of the allergic reactions will go away once you stop consuming the allergy causing medicines, while some others may continue to persist long after you stopped. You can consult your doctor and take up homemade remedies to alleviate such symptoms.
- Rashes, bumps and red spots may be slow to heal by themselves. In such cases you need to use some of the following recipes.
This is the first step towards healing your skin allergies due to medications. Your blood will contain traces of stopped medicines for a long time after stopping. The traces may be the reason for delaying symptoms cure.
Mix one teaspoon of Sarsaparilla juice with one cup of water. Stir well and drink it early morning in empty stomach. It has the ability to cleanse your blood from all the contaminants in it.
While you continue this treatment follow it up with applying Neem and turmeric powder recipe on the affected areas of your skin.
Take two spoons of Neem oil and one spoon of turmeric oil in a bowl and mix well. Apply the liquid on the skin areas affected by rashes and other allergic symptoms.
You need to continue the combined treatment for about 15 to 20 days before your skin can experience considerable relief.
Akin Allergy During Summer
Heat and humidity during summer increases many folds, resulting in sweat and dirt deposition on your skin. It can lead to many types of skin allergies like rashes, acne, eczema and hives.
Neem oil, Aloe Vera, Guggul, False Daisy, Basil and Eucalyptus are some of the common herbal ingredients used to alleviate the symptoms related to these allergic reactions. However they provide only external solutions by taking out the symptoms.
The root causes still stay within your body and they can erupt / relapse at any time when the allergic conditions return. So your skin needs an internal solution which can solve your problem for relatively longer time by curing the root cause.
It can be achieved by consuming recipes made from false daisy, Neem oil, and Aloe Vera liquids.
- For example false daisy liquid is good enough to cure eczema, psoriasis and acne.
- Guggul is extensively sued for eczema, acne, dry skin and contact dermatitis.
- Aloe Vera is said to be good enough for inflammation.
You can mix one or two teaspoons of these oils with the fruit juices made from apple, lemon, Sarsaparilla, goose berry or pomegranate.
Sometimes the home remedy for skin allergy during pregnancy may take relatively more time compared to other forms of medications and treatments. However the ratio of long time cure is more and the side effects are almost zero, unless your skin is sensitive to any of the herbal ingredients you use for preparing the homemade recipes.
Skin Allergy During Early Pregnancy
Sometimes the intensity of skin allergy reactions could be more during the early pregnancy. It is especially true when you are about to be a mother first time. It is due to the skin’s inability to adjust to the changing hormone conditions and their reactions. Consult your gynecologist to get the right advice on how to cure skin allergy during pregnancy.