Skin Hardening Causes And Cures
Skin hardening can happen due to dryness, growth of dead skin layers, lack of nutrients and vitamins, genetically induced reasons, after effects of skin infections and diseases and others.
Determining the exact causes need diagnosis. Blood tests, tissue sampling, tissue culturing and scanning are some of the well known methods of skin diagnosis. Once the cause is determined it becomes easy for suggesting the treatment methods.
There are also many external factors like dust, pollution and other impurities that cause temporal skin hardening. They can be overcome with some simple homemade remedies like massages, steaming etc.
When you observe skin hardening in any part of your body you could try out some of these home remedies in the initial stages. When the methods don’t produce desired results you can consult your skin specialist to find reliable cure.
Skin Hardening on Legs
Your legs are exposed to severe and regular stress during the day when you walk, run, sit down, squat and do many other exercises. The skin layer on men is relatively harder compared to female. This should not be confused as skin hardening. It is only when it gets inflexible and loses its natural elasticity that you consider as sign of hardening.
- Massage your legs regularly with essential oils.
- Dip your feet in hot salt water tub for about 15 minutes after you have returned from your hard day’s work. It helps in softening your heels and eliminating the cracks.
- Hydrate your legs with medicated steam. Add few drops of eucalyptus oil with 1 teaspoon of essential oil into the seam maker water container. Blow the steam gently throughout your legs region for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then use a tissue paper to massage the entire area with gentle pressure. You can see the tissue paper changes its colour with dark spots on it. These are the toxic elements which the steam has eliminated from the skin layers. Now apply a coat of almond oil and relax for 15 minutes without moving your legs and feet. You need to do it regularly before you sleep and you can have healthy skin without traces of hardening for a long time.
Skin Hardening Disease
Skin hardening disease can be caused due to viral and other forms of infections related to skin, larger intestine, liver or kidneys. You need to clean your internal organs from these infectious and toxic elements before any skin therapy can become effective.
You need to try these home remedies only after you have recovered completely from the state of diseases. Consult your doctor and dermatologist and take advice about the possible side effects of any ingredients on your skin and general health conditions before taking up these treatments.
In case you are allergic to any of the ingredients it recommended that you avoid them.
Hardness of skin can happen due to lack of moisture and other vital fluids that are required to nourish and protect your skin from external elements like heat and humidity.
Liver, pancreas, intestine and blood vessels play important roles in balancing the water content of skin. When any of these organs start accumulating toxic wastes generated from the body, the result can be directly experienced by the skin. It starts drying out leading to many skin complications including infections and hardness.
As you know dry skin is more prone to formation of hardness than moisturized skin. Heels, toe gaps, toe nails, feet and legs are most prone to hardening. Regular steaming with pure water can help in preventing skin hardening. It also helps the cells to retain the water molecules leading to consistent moisturizing.
- Brown Algae
Brown algae have the natural properties of moisturizing your skin from the Stratum Corneum layer till the dermis layer. They contain rich sources of starch, sugar, sodium, calcium and vitamins (A and C). These ingredients are helpful in building of collagen within the cell layers which tighten the intra cellular bonding between cells and tissues.
Once this process is initiated the wrinkles on skin go away, leading to enhanced elasticity. Moreover brown algae help in removal of dead skin cells and formation of new cells, leading to new skin layer formation at the Stratum Corneum. This process is helpful in delaying the aging of skin to considerable extent.
Tourmaline is a natural mineral that helps in balancing the skin oil content. It removes excess of oil generated by sebum during oxidation process. It makes way for retention of moisture and water content within the skin cells for relatively longer period of time.
Neem helps in hydration of muscle layer just blow the skin layers. It ensures adequate supply of water to the skin cells and prevents cracking of skin at the surface. Once this process is initiated it prevents formation of skin blisters.
- Petroleum jelly
Applying petroleum jelly onto the skin areas affected by dryness can improve the moisturizing levels to considerable levels.
- Cucumber extract
Cucumber extract is another watery substance which can moisturize skin. You could remove the outer skin, squash the pulp and apply it uniformly on your skin. Following this simple procedure can help in hydration of your skin for a long time.
Facial Skin Hardening
Excess evaporation of water from facial skin happens mainly due to UV radiation, heat and loss of humidity in the surrounding air. Moisture can be restored with the help of sauna kit.
- Add one litre of pure water into a bowl or sauna kit.
- Add two to three tablespoons of essential oil and 1 teaspoon of lemon syrup.
- Bring it to boiling point and expose your skin to the steam for about 20 minutes (with breaks in between).
- Then you can remove the skin hardening factors from your skin with the help of rubbing essential oils.
- Let the oils soak your skin for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once it is done you can wash your skin with cool water.
Repeating this procedure for 10 days can soften your skin and remove the hardening factors.