Acne scars are even worse. They give a very ugly appearance. These scars usually happen when acne breaks and pops out, leaving a dark damaged skin layer. Happily, there are great home remedies for acne scars to help you give a clear skin. Check them out.
10 Amazing Home Remedies For Acne Scars
No one likes scars! To be honest getting rid of those scars are tougher than removing acne actually. Your acne can be treated with different natural ingredients that are known for antibacterial or anti-inflammatory properties.
However, talking about pimple scars – they don’t go easily. But this doesn’t mean its “impossible”. Though it takes time, there are still natural treatments to help you. After researching for a while now, I have listed few tricks that naturally lighten the acne scars & gradually remove them permanently.
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is the best treatment for acne scars. Since it is known for its natural anti-inflammatory properties, it can heal the darkest scars when applied. Gradually, you will see redness of scars fading away. Though you get its gel from stores, it is ideal when used fresh. Follow the below listed instructions
- Just cut a leaf from Aloe plant
- Wash it and extract its gel after peeling the outer spiny layer
- Apply this fresh gel directly on your scars two times a day
- Leave it for 30-minutes and wash it off with warm water
One of the best home remedies for acne scars is none other than “lemons”. But avoid this remedy if you have sensitive skin, as it can irritate your skin more. Lemons are well admired for its natural bleaching properties. Since they are rich in vitamin-C, they rebuild collagen. This is the reason why your dark spots fade faster after limejuice is applied day by day.
- Squeeze the juice of a fresh lemon
- Apply the juice on your scars directly using cotton
- If you have sensitive skin but still wish to try this remedy, then consider diluting it by water or rose water before applying
- An additional tip would be to mix 2-teaspoons of vitamin-E oil in 1-teaspoon lemon juice. This will improve the skin’s texture much faster.
3. Essential Oil Treatment
Acne scars home remedies are endless. And one among them is the use of any “essential oil”. I would personally recommend you to use olive oil, lavender oil or almond oil because it is proven to lighten, rejuvenate & revive your skin deeply. Read the instructions below
- Warm the essential oil (olive oil or lavender oil or almond oil) slightly
- Dab some using cotton and apply it on the acne scars directly
- Leave it for 30 minutes before washing
- It is best when you apply before bedtime and leave it overnight
Honey is the best home remedy for acne scars. It has lightening and antibacterial properties. All you have to do is:
- Take few drops of honey and apply it directly on the scars before bedtime
- Leave it overnight
- Wash off with cool water in the morning
- Take 2-tablespoons of honey and mix it with ¼-cup oatmeal to form a paste
- Apply it gently on your scars and leave for 30 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water
Fenugreek is known to have multiple medicinal values and is been used since centuries. Fenugreek not only cures acne but also treats scars too. Follow the below listed tips to try this remedy:
- Take few fenugreek leaves (fresh ones)Use very little water and grind the leaves with it in a mixer
- Use this paste on your scars and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes
- Wash off with warm water
- Repeat this every day until your scars don’t fade
- Take few fenugreek seeds and boil them in water for few minutes
- Let it cool for a while
- Grind them so that it forms a paste
- Use this paste on your acne smudges
- Let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes
- Finally, wash it off with lukewarm water
Next on the list of best home remedies for acne scars is none other than “potatoes”. Potatoes are known for antibacterial and bleaching properties, which is the reason why you see beauty experts advising you to use potatoes for clear and healthy-looking skin. It helps crush acne, removes dead skin cells and prevents skin from scarring.
- Just take 1 slice of potato (fresh)
- Apply it directly on the scars
- Let your skin absorb its nutrients completely
- Wash off with cold water
- Apply a good quality moisturizer
7. Sandalwood + Rosewater
This popular mixture not only treats acne but also scars left by them. Rose water feeds your skin naturally by killing the bacteria that forms acne whereas sandalwood is known for its cooling properties, which eliminates skin irritations caused by acne.
- Take rosewater & sandalwood
- Mix the 2 ingredients together in a bowl and make a paste out of it
- Apply it on your acne scars
- Leave it overnight and wash with cold water in the morning
8. Baking Soda
Baking Soda’s exfoliating effects make it a great home remedy to treat your scars. When these mild coarse soda granules are mixed with water, it removes dead skin layers without inflammation.
- Take 1 to 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- Mix it with adequate proportions of water so that it forms a smooth paste
- Massage your face gently with it for 3 minutes while concentrating more on scars
- Leave the mixture for sometime
- Wash off using warm water
- Use a moisturizer
- Do this three times a week for best results
9. Avocado + Cucumber + Tomato Mask
These 3 ingredients are not only healthy to eat but also treats your scars permanently. All you have to do is, make a fresh pack out of it.
- Take the pulp of 2 fresh tomatoes (ripe)
- Grate avocado (1), cucumber (1) and extract its juice
- Mix the above 3 together and make a paste
- Apply it on your scars and leave it for a while
- Wash off with water
10. Egg White + Lemon Juice Mixture
When lemon juice is mixed with egg white, it helps in disposing acne scars and staining. Moreover, it keeps your skin healthy and clear always. Follow the instructions given below:
- Take lemon juice and egg white in equivalent proportions in a bowl
- Beat it using a blender or a whisk
- Mix the 2 ingredients properly
- Apply this onto your acne scars and leave it overnight
- Wash off in the morning