Treating Cellulite Without Extremes
Cellulite: that lumpy deposit of body fat found under the skin. The more fat you have, the more noticeable the cellulite becomes. For most, the first thought at removing cellulite is with surgery. Surgery is not always necessary, however. If you want to reduce the appearance of cellulite, all you need is a good diet and exercise program.
Often times what we eat and drink can contribute to the appearance of cellulite. If you want to reduce cellulite, you should avoid caffeine, alcohol, salt, sugar and greasy foods. Instead, you should try eating foods that are rich in essential vitamins and nutrients.
The best foods that can help fight cellulite are:
- Fruits – Apples, blackberries, blueberries, cherries, cranberries, grapefruit, mangos, oranges, strawberries, and raspberries.
- Vegetables – Bell Peppers, carrots, onions, spinach, and tomatoes.
Some other great sources for reducing cellulite are foods that are rich in fatty acids like soy nuts, seeds and fish. Also, drinking plenty of water can help reduce cellulite and cleanse the body. You may also want to try green tea.
Japan’s secret for fighting cellulite.
If you want to further reduce the sight of cellulite, exercise is a must. You’ll want to focus on areas where cellulite appears and exercise at least 3 times a week. Try a brisk walk, jogging, biking, or stair climbing to help combat cellulite around the thighs and buttocks. To reduce cellulite in the tummy area, try yoga and pilates.
An easy exercise to reduce cellulite:
- Lie on your side and bring both knees forward until your hips are at a 90 degree angle.
- Next, straighten your upper leg out in front of you and then lift it slowly up and then down.
- Straighten both of your legs, tilt the hips forward and lift the upper leg slowly up and then down.
- Place your upper leg in front of you until it touches the ground and then lift the bottom leg out, up and then down.
- Repeat on the other side.
Another great cellulite fighting exercise:
- Standing with your feet together, step out into a lunge position.
- Place your hand on the ground with your opposite hand.
- Now, return to the starting position and then switch legs.
- Repeat for a total of 15 to 20 reps.
If you’re just not as passionate about diet and exercise as some of us, you can always try messaging the troubled areas. Start with an aromatherapy oil such as juniper and massage the areas with your fingertips, using a circular motion. This movement will actually increase circulation and help reduce cellulite.
If you would prefer something with a little more reassurance behind it, you can try the many cellulite creams and lotions that are available on today’s market. Most work to reduce the appearance of cellulite by camouflaging the little bumps cause by cellulite. Look for a cream that contains ingredients like, retinol a, algae and green tea extracts. Keep in mind however; many of these creams are a waste of time and money. In reality, you are better off combating cellulite through diet and exercise.
Most importantly, no matter what others may think, you are beautiful and always have been!