Natural Cure For Sun Skin Sores
Skin sores are painful spots that appear in the form of tiny dots and grow into large wounds. Skin sores from sun primarily start with sunburns. When your skin gets exposed to the sun beyond its tolerance limits, it usually results in burns and sores.
Sensitivity of your skin plays a major role in determining the intensity of sores. The skin goes through several states before the burn turns into a sore.
- Hot spots appear on skin surface which may or may not be painful.
- Skin on and around these spots starts peeling off.
- The spots turn red with swelling and pain. Sores may be fluid filled or dry in nature.
- The spots turn into skin sores, which open up and start bleeding.
People with photosensitive and fair skin are said to be more susceptible to skin sores than those who have dark or brown tone skin.
The sores may turn into infectious spots when they are left untreated. Stress is another factor (physical and/or mental) which makes the pain intense.
Skin Sores From Sun
- Symptoms of skin sores start with red spots on different zones of skin, mostly in those areas which are exposed to sun. Temperature in this zone is usually higher compared to other parts of skin.
- These symptoms appear after a few hours in sensitive skin. In others it may take from few hours to few days.
- The skin becomes tender in nature. Sometimes it becomes brittle.
- Skin starts peeling.
- The spots start swelling, occasionally filled with fluids.
- The sores start breaking, often leading to bleeding.
When you react in the initial stages and get the sores treated your skin stays safe and healthy. Delay on your part makes them get to severe and chronic conditions.
There are various types of treatments to sun sores. When they are in the initial and severe stages you may even heal them at home. When they reach chronic conditions you certainly require the attention of a dermatologist to get your skin cured of them.
Diagnosis Of Sun Sores
Diagnosis of sun sores is important, especially when you have fair or sensitive skin. It is due to the risk of skin cancer. You may not rush to get your skin diagnosed at the first sight of sun sore, but when it persists for a week or more you certainly need diagnosis.
Visual examination is the most commonly practiced way of diagnosis by most dermatologists. When the intensity of sores increases they may opt for differential diagnosis which can determine the possibility of:
- Melanoma and Non-Melanoma types of Cancer.
- Atopic Dermatitis.
- Photosensitive damages.
- Heart stroke and others.
Home Treatment For Sun Sores
When the sores are in initial stages they can be treated at home. You can also consider mild and severe cases of sunburns, blisters and sores for home remedies.
- Aloe Vera cream, gel or lotion can be used to heal sun sores at home. Gently wash the affected areas with cold water and towel dry. Apply Aloe Vera onto the sore areas and let the gel soak the skin for about 15 to 20 minutes. Then you can wash off. Repeat this procedure twice a day for about 7 days. You will be able to experience considerable improvements.
- Apple Cider Vinegar is a strong home remedy for sun sores. It has the characteristics of an antioxidant, antibiotic and it is a great healer. Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar to 1/4th spoon of rose essential oil (for skin glow and nourishment) in 2 teaspoons of water (keeps the concentration at tolerable level) and apply it onto affected skin areas. Let the liquid soak your skin for about 15 to 20 minutes before washing with cold water. This procedure twice a day should give considerable relief to your skin within 7 to 8 days. Following it for 15 days can cure the sores completely.
- Prepare a mixture of lavender oil, Aloe Vera liquid and rose oil in proportion of 1:1.25:1. Spray it onto affected areas. Let the liquid soak your skin for about 20 minutes. Then you can wash the affected spots with cool water. Repeat the procedure for 15 days, twice a day to see visible results.
- Apply toned buttermilk onto the affected areas and let the liquid soak your skin for about 20 minutes. Buttermilk has anti inflammation, moisturizing and heat absorbing characteristics. Applying it twice a day for about 15 days can give you relief from sun sores.
- Prepare a mix with 1 teaspoon of baking soda with 1 spoon of Aloe Vera gel. Clean the affected skin areas with water and apply the mix. Allow 20 minutes of absorption time. Then wash with cool water. Repeat the procedure for 15 days to get visible results.
Skin Sores and Diabetes
One of the earliest signs of diabetes is the skin sore. Non healing sores could be indicators for diabetic condition. Try out any of the home remedies listed above for about a week. If you find no improvement in your skin sore condition, then you need to consult your doctor and get diagnosed for diabetes.
If diabetes test is negative you need to check with your doctor for skin sores caused by alcoholism (if you happen to be an alcoholic). Since skin sores and stress are closely related you can ask your doctor to examine you for any signs of stress (physical and mental).
Women tend to suffer from skin sores during pregnancy as skin becomes sensitive during this time. If you are a female and pregnant, your gynecologist will be able to prescribe the right medication and treatment that suits your skin condition.
Prevention of Skin Sores Bleeding
Skin sores can be prevented from bleeding by regularly applying a cream of sandalwood and turmeric onto affected skin areas. It is better to apply it before retiring to be, let it soak overnight and wash in the morning. Bleeding could stop within 4 to 5 days.
Important: Before trying out any of the home treatments, you need to check with your dermatologist about your skin’s allergic nature to any of the ingredients.