Sun safety is one of the key elements which are related to hydration, skin disinfection, immunization and beautification processes. The skin needs protection not only from the UV radiations of sun, but also from the external elements like heat, dust and other pollutants.
By treating your skin with natural ingredients you are making it comfortable and cool without any visible negative side effects. In this section you can read about some of the most critical tips about how to protect your skin from sun, heat and humidity.
Sun Safety Facts
Sun light is not all that bad as it has been made up by some people. It can have highly positive effects on your skin when you expose your skin to early morning sun shine just after sunrise.
It gives you lots of vitamins, nutrients and other skin enrichment ingredients. It is only after the day breaks at around 10 or 10:30 that the sunlight will have negative impacts due to the volume of UV radiation it generates. It is exactly at this time that you need maximum protection.
How To Make A Natural Sunscreen?
- Take 1 tablespoon of almond oil, chamomile oil, rosemary oil, jojoba oil, eucalyptus oil, and vitamin C powder. Optionally you can add 1 teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel.
- Pour the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Now you need to heat the ingredients in an oven for about 1 minute.
- Take out the bowl and let the mix cool for about 20 minutes.
- Now you can apply it onto the skin areas.
This sort of serum is highly useful as a sun screen. These elements help your skin cells to retain the water and other fluid elements.
Applying this liquid alone may not be sufficient in case you have extreme dry skin. Therefore you need to consume at least 3 to 4 liters of water every day during your treatment period.
Repeated treatment can ensure complete protection of your skin from sun and UV radiation for a long time.
Skin Hydration Recipes
- Mix turmeric powder, Aloe Vera liquid and sandalwood powder in the ratio of 1:2:1 in a bowl. Apply the paste on your skin affected by dry skin. Let the liquid soak yours kin for about 30 minutes. Then you can wash with cool water.
- Add 2 teaspoons of Shea butter, 1 teaspoon of essential oil and 5 grams of beeswax in a bowl and boil till the ingredients melt. Cool the mix and add two tablespoons of Aloe Vera. Stir well until the combination turns into a fine cream. Apply on your skin and let the ingredients seep into your skin layers. It is better practice to apply this cream and let it soak your skin overnight. Then you can wash with cool water.
- Take 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, Shea butter, sunflower oil, jojoba oil, eucalyptus oil, and vitamin E oil and 1 teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel. Mix the ingredients in a bowl and heat it to boiling. Let the mix cool for about 15 minutes. Then you can apply it onto the skin areas. Your skin has the capacity to absorb the ingredients of Shea butter like fatty acids, cocoa butter, oleic acid, stearic acid and linolenic acid. These elements help your skin cells to trap the water content from the foods you consume and retain them. Hence you need to consume minimum of 3 to 4 liters of water every day while you treat your skin for hydration and oil level balancing.
Oily skin Recipe
- Add 3 teaspoons of lavender oil with 2 teaspoons of coconut oil, 1 teaspoon of eucalyptus oil and 2 teaspoons of Aloe Vera liquid in a bowl and mix well by stirring.
- Add few drops of honey, 1/4th cup of milk and coconut milk.
- Add one teaspoon of homemade ghee.
- You need to heat the mix to moderate temperature. If the mix is getting too thicker you can add more milk to balance it.
- Cool the mix until it becomes a thick liquid. You must ensure that it does not turn into a paste.
- Apply it all over your skin, especially on those parts that have excess oily conditions.
- Let it soak your skin for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Then you can wash it off with warm water.
This procedure needs to be repeated thrice a week. Your skin will start retaining moisture to considerable levels within a period of two weeks.
Clearing of Skin Pores
Clogged pores treatment through removal of blackheads and acne is the only solution for this problem. If the condition is in the initial stages you can get solutions for this problem through homemade recipes and treatments. If the condition goes beyond this stage then you need to consult your dermatologist.
- Mint leaves can provide reliable cure for blackheads and acne. You need to mix 2 teaspoons of chopped mint leaves with equal proportions of yogurt and oatmeal powder.
- Blend them to prepare a paste. Apply this paste to the skin areas affected by clogged pores. Let the paste get absorbed for about 20 minutes.
- Then you can wash the skin with warm water.
You need to repeat this procedure twice a day for about 10 days. Your skin can experience relief from clogged pores to considerable extent. You can use this procedure for clogged pores on cheeks as well as clogged pores all over body.
- Take ½ or one cup of almond milk and blend it well until the cream is collected at the top layer.
- Take out the cream and add it to a bowl. Repeat the procedure until there is no more cream (You may need to whip the milk in the blender two or three times).
- Add two teaspoons of Shea butter to this milk and whip it up in the blender once again.
- Now add one egg with white and yellow parts.
- Whip the mix for another 30 seconds.
- To this mix you need to add one cut and sliced banana. Add one teaspoon of any essential oil.
- Apply onto your skin areas.