Strivectin Review 2018: Products, Ingredients, Side Effects, Price, Where To Buy & Best Alternative
I’ve read a lot of Strivectin reviews recently that a very favorable. Something about the products in the range, things like Strivectin neck cream just seem to have reviews about them that are too good to be true.
So I thought it was about time I took a closer look at the various products in the Strivectin range to see what the truth is. Are they miracle creams or miracle marketing?
So What Is Strivectin SD?
Strivectin is a range of skincare products made by a company called SkinCeuticals. They have 90 patents relating to their products and ingredients, and the company claims to have more than 35 years of clinical testing, research and development behind its products.
The problem with this claim is that it’s impossible to verify. However with such a body of research out there, there is evidence the products do have some benefits.
Their products aim to target fine lines, stretch marks and wrinkles. They claim dramatic results with just 15 days application. The products are designed to increase the production of collagen and protect the skin.
Does It Work?
A great starting point to try and work out if Strivectin SD can work is to look at the ingredients in the products, and see the scientific evidence and history around then being able to have the impacts claimed.
The current range of products is large, with the following key ones:
- Strivectin advanced retinol eye cream
- Strivectin instant facial sculpting cream
- Intensive eye concentrate for wrinkles
- Strivectin advanced retinol moisturizer
In terms of the active ingredients, they are as follows:
- NIA-144. This is a molecule that has been patented by the company for use in the Strivectin skincare product range. It has been designed to allow a key vitamin to be absorbed rapidly.
- Shea butter. This is found in many anti aging products. It is a natural antioxidant and moisturizer.
- Dimethicone. This is a silicon-based, organic polymer. It forms a barrier that seals across the skin and locks in moisture.
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7. This is a peptide that has been developed from amino acids. It can help to regulate skin cell activity and collagen tissue development.
So in terms of the basic key ingredients, there is evidence that StriVectin-SD users ingredients that have a track record in proven results, but it’s the degree to which they actually work individually and in unison it’s important.
And you can’t rely on Strivectin before and after photos unfortunately. These are so easy to edit that they are meaningless.
One of the main concerns is that some of the key ingredients are known skin irritants. For example, ginger root is included in the formula and that can irritate the skin.
The main Strivectin website actually states that people using their skin creams may experience reddening of the skin in the initial hour after use.
On top of that, although there is evidence that the ingredients work, several of the key ingredients such as Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 as of now only have sketchy research backing up the claims around them, and the effects they have. The truth is we don’t really know if there are any long-term negative effects on using these ingredients on the skin.
So I would suggest caution is required, especially when there are products such as Strivectin eye cream which are used on the very thin and delicate skin under the eyes.
Strivectin Customer Reviews
I always go to Amazon to see what people are saying about a skincare products. You can see who the verified purchases are from and get a good idea about the balance of positive, neutral reviews.
Taking an example product, Strivectin instant facial sculpting cream, the feedback is positive, with an average positive results being:
“I’m really liking this StriVectin cream. Given the current price, though, I’m not certain I can give it five stars. It is doing a great job and I’m noticing some improvements. It feels great on the skin. There’s no smell, and it goes on light and easy. That said, I’m not sure it’s much better than creams that I’ve used that are 1/3 of the price.”
And a typical negative review being:
And a typical negative review being:
“I saw some difference after one and a half weeks, but it is not magic. The difference was minimal. The wattling was less pronounced.”
Generally with all the products in the range there are plenty of favorable reviews which seem genuine. But the negatives are around how frequently this positive response happens, and how short lived the results are.
How Much Does Strivectin Cost & Where To Buy It?
The Strivectin range is expensive, there is no other way to describe it. For example:
- StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream, 1.7 fl. Oz is $79
- The sculpting face cream is an eye watering $95
Their products are widely available on all the main shopping sites, such as Amazon and eBay, the large online chemist stores and the main Strivectin website.
They are professionally packaged and well labeled, which I’m guessing helps to convince people to buy them at the high price hoping they will work.
I’m going to conclude this review by looking at the pros and cons of Strivectin.
- Evidence the active ingredients do work.
- Plenty of evidence online from real customers that the products have a positive effect.
- Some trial evidence suggesting positive results.
- Incredibly expensive, almost twice as much as the average.
- The ingredients are mostly in other skincare products, these are not completely unique.
- Some evidence of irritation and negative potential skin issues.
So I got to saying conclusion that it feels like the products in the skin care range are overpriced for the results that people are stating. There are plenty of other products out there which can have a similar effect, more naturally and less controversially.