Best Homemade Skin Therapy
Skin therapy is a methodical approach to curing and beautifying process of the skin through medication, massage, skin packing, cooling and application of other therapeutic methods.
There are many types of skin therapy known to produce satisfying results for you. They have originated in Europe, Asia and the American continents.
In this session you will be introduced to one such ancient method called Ayurveda from India. The name literally means knowledge of life sciences. It has been in practice since the Indus valley civilization and it is still considered as one of the powerful therapy methods for skin and beauty care.
Simple Tips To Skin Therapy At Home
There are over 200 types of herbal preparations, natural minerals and healthy fats that can enhance the health and beauty of your skin. According to Ayurveda total skin health and beauty can be achieved when you are able to eliminate the toxic and negative elements from it.
This is the first step towards attaining disease free skin. Ayurvedic texts contain many processes by which natural elements can be mixed at home to prepare recipes.
- Lense culinaries are mixed with milk and ghee to prepare complexion increasing paste. The ingredients can be mixed in the proportion of 1:2:1.5 and blended for about 1 to 2 minutes. You can add turmeric powder to make it into a thick paste. Apply this to your face and skin. Let the paste soak your skin for about 20 minutes. Then you need to wash off the paste with pure water. Try this recipe twice a day for about 15 days at home. Your skin complexion will grow to considerable levels.
- Acne and pimples are the two main problems faced by people with dry skin and unbalanced oil levels. Myristica Fragngrans, piper nigrum semal spine and milk combination can help you get rid of these two problems within couple of weeks. This lotion can be used like a shampoo before taking shower.
- Removal of sweat, dirt and other pollutants from your skin can be done by preparing a mix of wax, ghee, haematite and sea salt. It can be applied onto skin areas prone to sweating. Clean your skin with cold water and towel dry it. Apply this paste and let it soak your skin for about 15 minutes. Then wash off with warm water. Do not apply soap to remove the stickiness due to wax. You can use a combination of lemon syrup and Aloe vera instead. It ensures glowing skin.
- Skin immunity is one of the key factors that keep infections and diseases away. You can prepare a simple mix of Aloe vera, lemon syrup, turmeric powder and sandalwood oil in equal proportions (1/4 tablespoon of each or more depending upon your need). Apply this paste all over your skin and let it soak for about 30 minutes. Then you can shower in warm water. Repeating this treatment for 6 to 7 weeks can increase your skin immunity to considerable extent.
Ayurvedic Skin Therapy Spa
Kerala is one of the states in South India known for Ayurvedic spa treatments. The experts at spa centres know the art of applying herbal preparations along with oils extracted from them. There are about 18 methods of spa by which various skin disorders can be eliminated and prevented.
- Ringworms, scabies, rhagdes, leprosy, black spots, wrinkles, dry skin, oily skin, scaly skin and other defects can be removed through regular massage of these oils. Orpiment is one of the key ingredients used in these herbal preparations.
- Cuttlefish bone powder is mixed with herbal oils (you can try any of the essential oils) to prepare a fine paste. Rub this paste onto black spot affected areas in your skin. You need to let the paste soak your skin for about 30 minutes before washing it off.
- Mixture of jaggery powder, ghee haematite and sea salt can be made into a fine paste. It is then applied onto skin areas affected by rough and dry patches. It helps in removing these spots and softening them. You need to follow it up with regular intake of 1 litre of pure water in empty stomach early morning. 2 glasses of watermelon juice everyday will help in increasing the level of skin hydration.
Application Of Skin Therapy Oil Before and After LASER Treatment
LASER treatment to skin can cause severe allergic reactions in some of the patients. Mixture of Rosemary oil, Aloe vera, honey and lemon syrup can help in healing these reactions to considerable extent. You need to follow this procedure twice a day for about 15 to 20 days.
Skin irritation, inflammation and rashes get reduced gradually. If the intensity doesn’t reduce to the desired levels you can add few drops (1 to 2ml) of sandalwood oil to enhance the cooling effects. You may need to use herbal sunscreen while going out in the sun.
Herbal oils based on Ayurvedic principles are useful for alleviating stress factors on your skin. They help in removing most of the pollutants from your skin layers when you use them regularly.
Ayurvedic skin therapy cleansing oil can be prepared at home by combination of sesame oil (2 tablespoons), coconut oil (1 tablespoon), turmeric powder and Amala oil. Prepare a fine paste and apply onto your scalp region. Let it soak for about 15 to 20 minutes before showering.
This mixture helps in removal of lice, dirt and excess oil from the scalp region. It also provides extra strength to the hair follicles, making your hair healthy.
Ayurvedic herbal oils can also be used for skin therapy after radiation. You need to consult the Ayurveda experts to get the details about ingredients of this type of oil.
The natural elements of Ayurveda can also be used for skin therapy for scars that result from repeated exposure to heat and humidity in your everyday life. You may need to follow certain specific food and diet patterns in some cases while undergoing Ayurvedic therapy.
Consult your expert to know more details and follow it honestly. You are sure to get desired results within your expected time.